Protecting your electric service and yourself
Farmers depend on safe, reliable electric service. And protecting that service, as well as the health and safety of the public, is everyone’s responsibility. Here are some important issues to consider.
- Never touch or approach an electric line on or near the ground. Call Entergy at 1-800-9OUTAGE (1-800-968-8243) to report an outage or downed line.
- Farmer equipment is big and getting bigger. Look up and around when operating your equipment near electric lines.
- Watch for poles and guy wires when disking, cultivating or harvesting. Don't get too close and end up with a broken pole, an outage or a hazardous situation.
- Burning off last year's corn or wheat stubble before planting this year's crop is a common practice in the Mississippi River Delta. But it can cause an inconvenient and expensive problem if the flames get out of hand and burn up a wooden utility pole carrying electricity to rural customers. Remove stubble from around wooden poles before burning.
- Be aware of electric facilities when arranging farm equipment such as pivot systems or grain augurs.
If you have a question or concern, please contact Entergy's Agricultural Team at 1-800-324-4709.