Entergy operates more than 40 plants using natural gas, nuclear, coal, oil and hydroelectric power with approximately 24,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity. Entergy provides electricity to 3 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
- Entergy is a leader in clean power generation. More than half of the energy we supply to meet utility demand comes from efficient natural gas-powered generation and clean nuclear generation.
- The power generation group operates and maintains Entergy's regulated fossil generation fleet. The fleet includes plants that are fully or partially owned by Entergy's utility companies: Entergy Arkansas, LLC; Entergy Louisiana, LLC; Entergy Mississippi, LLC; Entergy New Orleans, LLC; and Entergy Texas, Inc.
- The 28 active fossil generating plants are spread across Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas, with the capacity to generate more than 19,000 megawatts of power.
- The company has more than 6,000 megawatts of renewable energy projects in service, in progress or announced.
- Entergy’s power generation group also operates and maintains two petroleum coke-powered units at the Nelson Industrial Steam Company plant near Lake Charles, Louisiana; Toledo Bend Reservoir in Burkeville, Texas, a hydroelectric generating facility owned by the Sabine River Authorities of Texas and Louisiana; and a combined-cycle generating facility owned by East Texas Electric Cooperative and North Texas Electric Cooperative, located near Marshall, Texas.
Entergy owns five nuclear reactors.
Entergy’s transmission system covers approximately 16,100 circuit miles of transmission lines and approximately 1,300 substations operated at 69 kV to 500 kV. The transmission system is the backbone of the electric grid and helps Entergy move power from the power plant to the lines serving customers’ neighborhoods. The Entergy transmission system includes the transmission systems of Entergy's operating companies: Entergy Arkansas, LLC; Entergy Louisiana, LLC; Entergy Mississippi, LLC; Entergy New Orleans, LLC; and Entergy Texas, Inc.