Through Entergy’s Micro Grants Program, we accept requests for up to $1,000 in all program areas: arts and culture; community improvement/enrichment; economic development, education/literacy, environment and healthy families.
Please make sure to submit your application at least three months prior to the time the requested funds are needed. We receive many applications throughout the year, and we need to allow sufficient time to review each request carefully. Once you have submitted your application online, please allow at least 8 (eight) to 12 (twelve) weeks for review and notification of the result of your request. If by that time Entergy has not contacted you, please feel free to call the appropriate contributions coordinator for your geographic area.
- In considering requests for grants, priority is placed on programs in specific counties/parishes. If you have questions about this, please contact the Entergy contributions coordinator in your area.
Eligibility and Preferences
Grants will only be made to the following types of organizations:
- a public charity or private foundation that qualifies as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entity
- a school, hospital, governmental unit or religious institution that holds nonprofit status similar to that of 501(c)(3) organizations
- a state or local government, but only if a donation thereto is made exclusively for public purposes
- a war-veterans organization that qualifies as a 501(c)(19) tax-exempt entity
- a volunteer fire department that qualifies as a 501(c)(4) tax-exempt entity
Entergy will NOT fund:
- Groups without 501(c)(3) or similar nonprofit status
- Payment of utility bills
- Political candidates or groups
- Purchase of uniforms, equipment, or trips for school-related organizations or amateur sports teams
- Activities whose sole purpose is promotion or support of a specific religion, denomination, or religious institution
- Grants to individuals or loans of any type
- Any organization owned or operated by an employee of Entergy
Micro Grant applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
For more information, please contact the Entergy contributions coordinator in your area.