When the lights go out, they go to work, and we couldn’t be more grateful for what they do.
Entergy’s lineworkers, along with contract lineworkers, construct, operate and maintain equipment and more than 121,000 circuit miles of transmission and distribution lines that deliver electricity to our 3 million customers.
Five reasons to thank a lineworker
- Safety first: With many dangerous aspects to the job, lineworkers are heavily trained and focused on safety rules.
- Hangin’ tough: Lineworkers carry up to 40 lbs of gear.
- Going that extra mile: Entergy’s team of lineworkers services 105,500 miles of distribution lines across our service area.
- Who you gonna call? When disasters occur, lineworkers average 16 hour workdays, all the while maintaining a strong focus on safety.
- Don’t mess with Texas: The Lonestar state has the largest number of lineworkers in the United States.