Community Connectors, Entergy's volunteer program, is yet another way that Entergy helps non-profits throughout our area of operations. Through Community Connectors, Entergy recruits our employees and retirees to serve as volunteers in the communities where they work and live...but that’s not all. The program also recognizes and encourages the volunteers’ efforts by providing grants they can designate to the eligible non-profits of their choice. For every 20 volunteer hours, each employee or retiree earns a $250 grant up to an annual limit of $750.
- all full and part-time employees
Organizations eligible for volunteer service and grants
- a public charity or private foundation that qualifies as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entity;
- a state or local government, but only if the volunteer service/donation thereto benefits the public at large;
- a school, hospital, or religious institution that holds nonprofit status similar to that of 501(c)(3) organizations, but only if the volunteer service/donation thereto benefits the public at large;
- a war-veterans organization that qualifies as a 501(c)(19) tax-exempt entity;
- a domestic fraternal society, order or association operating under the lodge system that qualifies as a 501(c)(10) tax-exempt entity, but only if a donation thereto is made exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals; or
- a volunteer fire department that qualifies as a 501(c)4 tax-exempt entity.